Escentially Me respects the rights of individuals to determine to whom they give their personal information and how their information is used. Our customer’s privacy is very important to us and we will value the trust you place in us in giving us your personal information. We take this responsibility seriously and we are committed to safeguarding your information and using it for the purposes for which you have entrusted it to us.
What Information we collect
How We Collect Information
Collecting and Using Personal Information
Your Privacy choices
What Information we collect
We collect a range of information from our customers that is directly related to the products and services you choose. Where we wish to use the information for other purposes we will seek your agreement beforehand. The kind of personal information we collect can include: name, contact details, location, products you are interested in, what you buy, who you shop for.
How We Collect Information
As much as possible we collect information directly from our customers. We do this in a number of ways, including when you:
- provide us with personal information over the phone or through personal mobile computing devices, like smart phones and tablets;
- fill out application forms; or
- submit your personal details through our website.
We also collect solicited personal information indirectly, through publicly available sources, or through social media sites, like Facebook, Twitter, and others, who disclose to their users that the users’ personal information is provided to businesses like Escentially Me. We do this where:
- the customer has consented to such collection or would reasonably expect us to collect their personal information in this way, or
- if it is necessary for a specific purpose such as the investigation of a privacy complaint
We usually only retain unsolicited information about our customers when dealing with a customer enquiry or complaint or where we conduct an investigation. For example, your image may be present on CCTV footage that also records a fall of another customer at one of pickup locations.
Using Personal Information
We use personal information to better understand our customers’ interests and needs, to complete purchase transactions and layby orders and to offer an ever improving quality range of amazing products.
We use personal information in the following ways:
- Provide, deliver, source, administer, improve and personalise our products and services;
- Process payments and provide refunds and discounts;
- Enable our third party service providers to provide us with IT products and services, carry out product investigations, data processing, data analysis, business consulting, auditing, archiving, printing, delivery and mailing services;
- Provide more relevant marketing offers through direct marketing, database compilation, market research, data analysis and segmentation, and the processing or creation of other marketing information;
- Combine or compile with publicly available information for the processing or creation of marketing offers and information;
- Personalising our customers shopping experience, including, where appropriate, identifying individuals;
- Communicating with our customers, including product recalls and responding to queries and complaints;
- Fraud prevention, including services regarding the protection of our customers’ information, eg. credit card information;
- Develop and expand our operations to better suit our customers’ needs, such as planning for future store locations;
- Maintaining and keeping our customers information current and as accurate as possible;
We do not disclose personal information to third parties unless we are permitted to do so by law or you have given us your consent to do so. Third parties we may disclose personal information to include:
- Our related companies
- Our service providers including IT service providers, major delivery companies, advertising and marketing service providers, out-sourced call centres, mail houses and third party fulfilment contractors; and
- Our professional advisors including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- Payment system operators and financial institutions; and
- Government agencies.
Some of our service providers provide services to us entirely or partly from overseas locations and we may in order to receive those services occasionally transfer personal information overseas, predominantly to the United States of America, Europe and the Asia Pacific Region, including where:
- we use service providers, cloud computing solutions or data storage located overseas;
- we need to comply with foreign legal or regulatory requirements; or
- an international payment has been made.
We take active steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access or use, modification or disclosure, and against other misuse. This includes any information that we disclose overseas.
Where data is held overseas, we require third parties to store such data in restricted access premises and provide appropriate protection against unauthorised disclosure. As a minimum security requirement, password authentication is required to access those databases in all cases. We also use fire walls, SSL technology and encryption for transmission of data where appropriate.
When the personal information that we collect is no longer required, we destroy, delete or de-identify it in a secure manner.
Escentially Me Online
Ordering products from Escentially Me Online (i.e. our website and apps) is designed to be as simple as possible, while still providing security and privacy for all your details. You can pay for goods using a credit card or paypal and we only store credit card information where absolutely necessary to process your payment securely. Credit card data is held in encrypted form and complies to the highest security standards prescribed for data of this kind.
When you interact with us on the internet, our system automatically sends you a ‘cookie’. A cookie is a small amount of information sent from a web server to your computer, electronic tablet or smart phone that enables your device to be recognised. It is used to handle your internet sessions on that device and contains a unique identifier.
Other information stored by the cookie includes website traffic data. This data is not used to identify individual details. We only collate the data into anonymous results in order to evaluate and improve our internet and shopping service for our customers.
See ‘Your Privacy choices’ below for further information about some Google cookies used in connection with Escentially Me Online.
Email and SMS Subscription Lists
If you elect to register an account with Escentially Me, and use this account to make purchases from the Escentially Me website some of your personal information (being your email address and/ or contact phone number) will be provided to Escentially Me’s delivery carrier. This information is used by the carrier to send you updates on the status of your deliveries from Escentially Me.
You have the ability to opt out of these communications directly from the messages you receive.
We currently have an electronic Direct Marketing (eDM) email list which provides marketing offers to subscribers. If you elect to subscribe to our eDM, these services will be provided to you to communicate product information, special events and offers. We also use search engine and social media sites to make marketing offers which may be of interest to you. Our marketing subscription list is an ‘opt in’ system. You may unsubscribe easily by clicking on the unsubscribe link that appears in all of our marketing communications to you. We also send SMS to customers who have subscribed to receive SMS messages from us. Our SMS subscription list is an ‘opt in’ system. You may unsubscribe easily by clicking on the unsubscribe link that appears in all of our SMS communications to you
We will never knowingly send you electronic messages without your consent. For more information on the Spam Act 2003, please visit https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/C2016C00614
Your Privacy choices
Where feasible, you can interact with Escentially anonymously or using a pseudonym. This will mean that there are some products and services that you will not be able to enjoy. These include layby, online shopping checkout and better access to product offers likely to be of a more direct interest to you personally.
You can access the personal information that we hold about you and you can ask us to correct the personal information we hold about you.
If you are listed on one or more of our Direct Marketing email lists you can opt out at any time. You can unsubscribe by using the ‘unsubscribe’ options contained in our emails.
If you are signed into your Google account when you use Escentially Me Online , then Google may also combine data from your Google account with data about your use of Escentially Me Online, in order to help identify you to be shown relevant Escentially Me advertising online, across your devices. This is done using a Google service called Remarketing with Google Analytics, which links Google Analytics cookies (set by Escentially Me) with Google advertising cookies (set by Google). Google Analytics is a tool that helps website owners measure how users interact with website content. For more information and to opt out:
- About Google advertising cookies and Google Analytics cookies:
- How Google uses data when you use sites and apps that use Google technologies:
- To opt out of Google Analytics:
- To opt out of Google Ads Personalization: